General Terms and Conditions
These General Terms and Conditions are subdivided into:
- General Terms and Conditions of CloudButler
- General Terms and Conditions of the Supplier of tours and other tourist services (referred company)
Within the scope of an intermediary service, CloudButler shall provide the visitors and Suppliers of tours and offers or tourist services with this booking Platform.
Furthermore, CloudButler shall also provide this booking Platform to certain cooperating partners (sub-agent/ distribution partner) for the booking of the Supplier’s tourist services. The use of this Platform by sub-agents or distribution partner requires a separate contractual agreement and is not permitted without the prior written authorization of CloudButler.
Contracts for tourist services are to be concluded directly between the users of this booking Platform and the Suppliers of tours and offers or other tourist services. If users book services via a linked partner Platform or if a sub-intermediary makes a booking on behalf of a user of a connected partner Platform, a corresponding contract shall be concluded directly between this user and the Supplier. CloudButler is not a contract party with regards to the tourist services offered on this Platform.
Who operates this website and App?
This website and App (including sub-sites and including text, images, videos, software, products, services and other information contained in or presented on the website; all together the "Website" and the “App”) is provided by
CVR number: 42578762
Smørum Bygade 16A
You can contact us via the contact form. Bookings through the Platform are subject to the General Terms and Conditions of CloudButler as well as the General Terms and Conditions of the Supplier of tours and other tourist.
The information on this Website and the App is for general informational purposes only. Information on this Website and the App does not constitute an offer binding to us. Binding agreements with suppliers of activities and offers available on the Website and the App require a booking request through the CloudButler Platform and the supplier's acceptance of the booking request according to the General Terms and Conditions of CloudButler .
While CloudButler tries to ensure that the information in or through the Website and the App is accurate, it does not provide any warranties, express or implied, in relation to its correctness, completeness, current, reliability, suitability for any purpose or otherwise (including for any information provided by third parties). CloudButler may change, add or remove information on the Website and the App and its structure and functions at any time at its sole discretion, without specifically informing of any such change, and without removing outdated information or characterizing it as such. CloudButler may also block Users from accessing the Website and the App or parts of it, or requires certain conditions to be fulfilled for such access. CloudButler does not provide any warranties, express or implied, in relation to the availability of the Website and the App or its functions, that the Website and the App is free from defects, or that the Website and the App and the infrastructure on which it runs is free from viruses and other harmful software. Moreover, CloudButler does not guarantee that information available on the Website and the App has not been altered through technical defects or by unauthorized third parties.
Limitation of liability
CloudButler excludes its liability, and that of its agents and independent contractors, and its and their employees and officers, and its sub-agents or distribution partners for damages relating to your access to (or inability to access) the Website and the App, or to any errors or omissions, or the results obtained from the use, of the Website and the App, whatever the legal basis of such liability would be, except liability for damages caused willfully or through gross negligence, and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Restrictions of liability do not apply within the scope of guarantees issued, in the event of an injury to life, limb or health or for claims based on product liability regulation.
Third party content, links to other websites
CloudButler does not assume any responsibility for third party content (including any activities available for booking requests or offers, and information relating to such activities) that may be available through the Website and the App, and for content linked to the Website and the App or which are linked to from it or referred to. CloudButler does not recommend or endorse such content, and will not have any liability relating to it. Where CloudButler links to third party websites, you use such websites at your own risk. We recommend reading the policies of these websites and review how these websites may process personally identifiable data relating to you. If you think we have illicit content on the Website and the App, please contact us via the contact form.
Limited CloudButler App license
Intellectual property rights
As between you and CloudButler, the Website and the App is and remains protected by copyright and/or any other intellectual property rights (including protection granted through unfair competition law). You acquire no rights in the Website and the App, and in any names, trade names, and distinctive signs of any nature (including trademarks) published on the Website and the App. You may access and view the Website and the App, but not incorporate it into other websites, and not copy, present, license, publish, download, upload, send or make it perceptible in any other way without our prior written consent.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
The law of the Denmark shall apply, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. If you have placed the order, as the consumer, and at the time of the order your normal place of residence is in another country, the application of the mandatory legal provisions of this country remain unaffected by the choice of law in clause 1. The exclusive place of jurisdiction is Brisbane, provided the user is a tradesperson as per the Danish Commercial Code or does not have a permanent place of residence in Denmark when the suit is filed. The legally-binding places of jurisdiction remain unaffected by this.
CloudButler – User Terms and Conditions for the online
offer of CloudButler Platform
- CloudButler, runs an intermediary Platform for tourist offers in the form of an online offer via the internet and apps (hereinafter jointly referred to as the “CloudButler Platform”). On the CloudButler Platform users have the chance to find and book offers, tours, activities and experiences all over the world. The online offer comprises guided tours, cooking courses, sightseeing tours by bus, river barge trips, tickets for entry to sightseeing locations and other services. The offers are placed online by a range of local Suppliers around the world (hereinafter referred to as “Suppliers”) with whom the respective contract for tourist services is concluded (“service agreement”). The Suppliers’ services can be accessed via the CloudButler Platform and bookings can be made.
- CloudButler approaches both, consumers and
companies. For the purposes of these General
Conditions, the following applies:
a. A “consumer” is any individual person who has concluded a contract for purposes which cannot be predominantly assigned to commercial or independent work activities (Section 13 Danish Civil Code – “BGB”).
b. A “company” is a natural person or legal entity, or a partnership, which is performing its commercial or independent activities by concluding this contract (Section 14, paragraph 1, BGB).
c. The “user” denotes a natural person, unless this person has been explicitly registered with CloudButler as a legal entity. The actions and omissions that take place during the registration of a legal entity are allocated to a natural individual, unless they are carried out within the framework of their power of attorney for the legal entity. The “user” subsequently also includes users referred by sub-agent or distribution partners.
- Subject matter of part II of these General Terms and
These General Terms and Conditions apply to any use of the CloudButler Platform, such as via the internet and apps. The contractual relationship between the user and CloudButler generally only comprises the proper referral of users to the respective Supplier, or the transfer of data via users who are provided by a subagent. CloudButler does not appear itself as the organizer, lessor, seller or other contract partner with regards to the tourist service agreement with the user. Consequently, part II of the General Terms and Conditions of CloudButler shall apply to offers on the CloudButler Platform and the provision of users to the Supplier. Part II of the General Terms and Conditions applies to the use of CloudButler Platform by cooperating partners (sub-agents or distribution partners), subject to special contractual agreements concluded with the respective cooperating partner. The contractual conditions of the Supplier, as per part III of these General Terms and Conditions, apply to the respective tourist service agreement between the user and the Supplier.
- The use of CloudButler Platform’s offer can generally be done anonymously.
- Certain types of use of CloudButler Platform, such as the making of bookings, require registration. During registration, the user sends an electronic registration form and consents to the General Terms and Conditions. The registration with CloudButler is only concluded once a confirmation is sent to the e-mail address specified by the user. Natural individuals must be over the age of 18 in order to register. The user has to keep the password he/she sets secret and take suitable precautions to prevent third parties becoming aware of it.
- The creation of more than one user account for the same natural individual or legal entity is not permitted. The user account cannot be transferred.
- Services of CloudButler /Conclusion of contract
- Once the user has entered his/her desired service on the CloudButler Platform (e.g. travel destination, type of tour, start time, number of participants & price options), CloudButler shall show the user the information about the Suppliers’ services (“service information“). Based on this information, the user can, where applicable after checking availability, make a contractual offer, by placing an offer, to be sent to the respective Supplier, whereby the sub-intermediates act on behalf of the referred user. This happens, after the selection and transfer to the shopping basket, by clicking on the button “confirm and book”.
- The user is bound to his/her binding offer for five working days. For more information see Section 5 of the General Terms and Conditions of the Supplier of tours and other tourist services in Part III.
- CloudButler shall notify the user of the conditions of transport and business of the Supplier for their contractual relationship with the user and for their services. They can be found in the respective tenders. The user is responsible for meeting and complying with these conditions. The Supplier reserves the right to not allow the user to undertake an action, or to exclude it, if they do not meet the conditions. In this case the paid price shall not be refunded.
- CloudButler shall provide the user with a booking confirmation issued in the name of, and on behalf of, the Supplier, as well as a payment confirmation. The use of the CloudButler Platform itself is essentially free of charge for the user. The costs for the technical access to the CloudButler Platform (e.g. internet access) are to be borne by the user. CloudButler is permitted to collect the invoiced amounts in the name of, and behalf of the Supplier.
- CloudButler shall forward the user any data for the use of a Supplier’s service according to the applicable conditions (such as ticket data), once they have been received by the Supplier.
- CloudButler assumes no guarantee for the accuracy of forwarded data, or for the performance of services by the Supplier, as all the information indicated and forwarded is based on data from Suppliers or third parties, which CloudButler cannot check in detail.
- Payments on CloudButler
- The service agreement concluded with the Supplier shall apply to the fees to be paid by the user for the services of the Supplier.
- CloudButler is permitted to collect the invoiced amounts in the name of and on behalf of the Supplier, provided nothing else has been explicitly stated in the Supplier’s invoice. If claims have to be paid by the user in a different currency than its national currency (claims for payment in foreign currencies), CloudButler can demand payment in the national currency of the user and the foreign currency claim can be converted based on the current exchange rate at the time the contract is concluded. CloudButler can charge the user a suitable conversion charge for this.
- The contact partner, and contract partner, of the user in connection with the service agreement and its payment, is the respective Supplier. The user can only assert the repayment of a payment to the respective Supplier. A refund granted by the Supplier can also be processed by the Supplier via CloudButler. To simplify the process for the user, communication via CloudButler Platform is recommended.
- To use the payment functions of CloudButler, the user has to register. The user has to enter correct payment information and update the details immediately in the event of changes. CloudButler can reject the payment method specified by the user. The user will be notified of the payment methods permitted for the respective service during the order process. 5.5 Upon the authorization of the payment, the user consents to his/her payment information being used for the collection of payments by the creditor. CloudButler reserves the right to make the use of the payment function of CloudButler dependent on a check of the credit rating of the user.
- Pricing of CloudButler
- All prices on CloudButler are quoted per person and include VAT and all other taxes. Local taxes may be charged on site.
- These prices specified by the Suppliers may be subjected to special conditions, for example with regards to cancellation and the refunding of payments made. Before making the booking, please check precisely whether the respective service agreement is subject to separate conditions.
The best price guarantee of CloudButler
- CloudButler would like the user to pay the lowest possible price for the respective service.
- All special offers and promotional campaigns are marked as such.
Duties and obligations of the user
- The user shall keep the registration data (user login and password) secret and not allow third parties access to CloudButler Portal using his/her registration data. The user shall be accountable for all use of his/her user account on CloudButler Portal.
- After receiving the service information, the user can send any orders to CloudButler for forwarding to the Supplier.
- The user shall exempt CloudButler from third-party claims based on his/her use of the CloudButler Platform, unless they are the fault of CloudButler.
- Availability and warranty
- There is no claim for availability, quality or service features, or technical support for the CloudButler Platform. CloudButler can redesign, reduce or suspend their online portal CloudButler and the App at any time, at its discretion. Existing agreements of the user with a Supplier, as well as the execution of these agreements, remain unaffected by these changes.
- CloudButler makes no guarantee or warranty for the accuracy or completeness of data provided by third parties (such as Suppliers).
- CloudButler makes no guarantee or warranty for the services provided by the Suppliers. The contact partner of the user in the event of questions and claims in connection with a service agreement and its execution is the respective Supplier.
- Provided CloudButler does not have any obligation to the user, CloudButler also provides no guarantee.
Liability of CloudButler
- If CloudButler has not assumed a corresponding contractual obligation by means of an explicit agreement with the user, it is not liable for the realization of corresponding agreements with Suppliers in line with the booking request of the user.
- Without explicit agreement or an assurance of this kind, CloudButler is not liable for defects in the performance of the service and personal or material damage incurred by the user in connection with the travel service provided, concerning the services provided. If several tourist services are provided (in accordance with the legal term “package holidays”) this does not apply, unless CloudButler gives the impression, as per Section 651a, paragraph 2, BGB that it performs the intended travel services under its own responsibility.
- Any liability of CloudButler due to the culpable violation of obligations in the brokering of contracts remains unaffected by the aforementioned conditions.
- The liability of CloudButler for contractual
of the user is limited to three-times
of the tourist services procured, except for:
- any violation of a key obligation, which needs to be fulfilled in order to allow the proper execution of the brokering agreement or the violation of which endangers the fulfilment of the contractual purpose
- liability for damage incurred by the user due to the injury to life, limb or health, which is based on a negligent breach of duty by CloudButler or a vicarious agent of CloudButler
- liability of CloudButler for other damage incurred by the user due to a grossly-negligent breach of duty by CloudButler or a willful or grossly-negligent breach of duty by a legal representative or vicarious agent of CloudButler.
- For ordinary negligence, CloudButler is only liable for the violation of a key contractual obligation and only for foreseeable and typical damage. Key contractual obligations are obligations which need to be fulfilled to make the proper execution of the contract possible and whereby the user can regularly rely on them being met.
- Restrictions of liability do not apply within the scope of guarantees issued, in the event of an injury to life, limb or health or for claims based on the product liability law.
Users can cancel their registration on CloudButler Portal and the App at any time by blocking their user account. CloudButler can cancel a registration unilaterally with one week’s notice. Claims which have arisen before this is done, remain unaffected. The right to extraordinary cancellation remains unaffected.
Evaluation function of CloudButler
- Users have the opportunity to have personal influence on the content of CloudButler Platform by writing travel reports in the form of evaluations, or uploading pictures (“user content”). Users are fully responsible for the user content they provide. They ensure that the content is correct and guarantee that the content does not contain any misleading or illegal statements or details. Furthermore, the users guarantee that the content does not violate third-party rights. Under no circumstance and in no way does CloudButler make user content its own, it merely provides a Platform.
- CloudButler can use the user content in various ways. This includes displaying it on the website, reformatting, editing for more clarity or better grammar, incorporation into adverts or other work.
- CloudButler can remove or report user content where necessary and at its own discretion. For example, CloudButler can remove user content if it violates the CloudButler principles for content, in the opinion of CloudButler. CloudButler is not obliged to store copies of user content or provide copies thereof. CloudButler does not guarantee the confidentiality of user content.
- CloudButler and its distribution partners or sub-agents can display adverts and other information together or next to the user content on the website and other media. Users have no claim to remuneration for these adverts. Subject to changes regarding the type and scope of these advertising measures. The user does not need to be especially notified of this.
- The users shall fully indemnify CloudButler and its distribution partner or sub-agents from all third-party claims (incl. suitable costs for legal prosecution and defense) at first request, which these third parties assert against CloudButler concerning the user content provided by the user. This also applies if the contested content can no longer be accessed on CloudButler Platform. This does not apply if CloudButler is responsible for the legal violation. In the event of recourse by third parties, users have to immediately, truthfully and completely provide CloudButler with all the information necessary to verify the claims and defend them.
- Data protection
- CloudButler collects and uses personal data of users to the extent that is necessary for the creation, design of content or modification of the contractual conditions for CloudButler between the user and CloudButler.
- If CloudButler is involved in the communication for a service agreement between the user and the respective Supplier, it shall transfer the data required for this agreement to the respective Supplier. This Supplier processes and uses the data to initiate, conclude and execute the contract on its own responsibility. The identity of the respective Supplier can be taken from the booking dialogue.
- Further information can be found in the data protection conditions of CloudButler at https://www.cloudbutler.io/privacy-policy
- Changes to these General Terms and Conditions
- CloudButler reserves the right to change these General Terms and Conditions at any time and without stating the reasons. CloudButler will only make changes affecting the user, which the user must agree to in consideration of mutual interests. This concerns, for example, cases where the equivalence principle has been disturbed, as well as loopholes and changes in legislation. The amended conditions will be sent to the users by e-mail at the latest two weeks before they come into effect. If a user does not reject the validity of the new General Terms and Conditions within two weeks of the receipt of the e-mail, the amended General Terms and Conditions are deemed to have been accepted. CloudButler will notify the user, in the e-mail containing the amended conditions, of the importance of this two-week deadline.
- These Terms and Conditions can be amended at any time and without notice for future intermediation of contracts with Supplier. The respective conditions valid for each individual contract conclusion shall apply.
- Other provisions
- These General Terms and Conditions represent the whole agreement between CloudButler and the user. No additional agreements exist.
- The law of Denmark shall apply, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. If you have placed the order, as the consumer, and at the time of the order your normal place of residence is in another country, the application of the mandatory legal provisions of this country remain unaffected by the choice of law in clause 1. The exclusive place of jurisdiction is Brisbane, provided the user is a tradesperson as per the Danish Commercial Code or does not have a permanent place of residence in Denmark when the suit is filed. The legally-binding places of jurisdiction remain unaffected by this.
- If provisions of these General Terms and
are or become invalid, this shall not
validity of the rest of the provisions.
4 Hervey Street, Oxenford, QLD 4210, Denmark
- General Terms and Conditions of the Supplier of offers,
tours and other tourist services
Part III of these General Terms and Conditions applies to all contracts concluded between the Suppliers and the users via the CloudButler Platform. This also applies, if access to the CloudButler Platform is provided via a cooperating partner (sub- agent, distribution partner).
- Truthful details
The details transferred via the CloudButler Platform must be truthful. The Supplier reserves the right to withdraw from the contract or to exclude users from participating in the service and to demand compensation amounting to the cancellation costs as per Section 11 of part III of the General Terms and Conditions of Supplier of tours and other tourist services, if defective details are provided by the user.
- Arrival at meeting point and compliance with
You are responsible for arriving on time at the notified meeting point. If you are travelling to an activity from abroad, you are responsible for having the necessary travel documents (passport etc.), and for observing the health regulations etc.
- Additional terms and conditions
If Supplier includes in addition to these General Terms and Conditions of Supplier of tours and other tourist services of Part III further participation or transport or other terms in a contract with you, you are responsible for observing these additional terms. The Supplier reserves the right to exclude participants from the activity if they do not meet these conditions.
- Binding nature of the request
The contract between you or the user you have referred, and the Supplier comes into effect upon the acceptance of your binding request by the Supplier. When you book a tour or another activity, you make the Supplier a binding offer which you, or the user you have referred, are bound to for five working days. If the Supplier accepts your offer within this period of time, the contract comes into binding effect. You, or the user referred by you, receives notification of this by e-mail.
The agreed total price for the service we have provided is due upon the conclusion of the contract.
- Notes on the right of revocation
The Supplier points out that according to legal provisions (section 312, paragraph (2), no. 4, 312g, paragraph 2, clause 1, no. 9, BGB), contracts for tourism services which are concluded as remote selling (i.e. via the CloudButler Platform) do not have a right of revocation, but merely the legal rights to withdraw and cancel the contract.
- Self-responsibility for insurance
The price of the services does not include insurance. You are responsible for providing sufficient insurance protection. The requirement for insurance depends on the activity booked.
- Unpaid services
If you or the user you have referred do not pay for the booked service according to the agreed due date of payment, although the Supplier is prepared, and able, to perform the contractual service and there is no legal or contractual right of retention for you or the user you have provided, the Supplier is permitted to withdraw from the contract and charge you, or the user you have referred, for the withdrawal costs as per point 11.
- Exchange of messages
All messages between you, or the user you have referred, and the Supplier shall be done via the CloudButler Platform. In the interest of quick processing, it is recommended to exclusively use the forms provided by CloudButler.
- Cancellation guidelines
- If you reject (cancel) the activity, the cancellation conditions stated in the product description as well as on your voucher apply. CloudButler advises the user to carefully read the information in the product description.
- Provided there are no deviating cancellation
conditions in the product description of your
the following cancellation fees will be charged by
Supplier of the tourist services:
a. Up to 24 hours before the start of the activity: full refund
b. Less than 24 hours before the start of the activity or in the event of a no-show: no refund
- You, or the user you have referred, are free to prove to the Supplier that they have not incurred any damage, or substantially less damage than the fee charged by the Supplier.
- The Supplier reserves the right to request higher, specific compensation instead of the aforementioned flat-rate fees, if the Supplier can prove that it has incurred much higher expenses than the respectively applicable flat-rate fee. In this case the Supplier is obliged to provide specific figures and evidence of the compensation requested, taking into account the saved expenses and any other use of the services.
- The refund is done using the same payment method. In the event of credit cards which are charged monthly, the amount shall be credited at the end of the current invoicing period. The exact time of the refund depends on the user’s credit card agreement. The refund by bank transfer shall be done within seven bank working days.
The Supplier can cancel the activity on the agreed date without observing a period of notice, if weather conditions, official measures, strikes or other unforeseeable or unavoidable external conditions (in particular force majeure) make the execution of the activity impossible, make it considerably more difficult or endanger it. In this case the paid price is refunded.
- Exclusion of participation
The Supplier is permitted not to allow you to join an activity, or to exclude you from one, if you do not meet the personal participation requirements, your participation would endanger you or someone else or in any other way make the activity impossible in the long-term. This applies accordingly to a user you have referred. In these cases, the paid price cannot be refunded.
- Changes to the program
Furthermore, the Supplier reserves the right to make non-essential changes to the program, if this is necessary due to unforeseeable or unavoidable conditions.
- Further conditions
Further conditions or deviating conditions can be found in the respective tenders.
- Time zone
For calculations of the time and deadlines, the time zone of the Supplier is authoritative.
- Liability of the Supplier of the tour or the tourism
The Supplier is liable in accordance with the applicable law for its services, whereby the liability, if permitted according to the applicable law, is excluded.
Change to these General Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions of the Supplier of tours and other tourist services of Part III can be amended at any time and without notice for future bookings. The respective conditions valid for each individual booking shall apply. The user has no claim for future bookings based on the existing conditions.